Saturday, January 3, 2009

Buying and Selling Property In Florida

So many Real Estate agents are complaining about the market here (Pinellas County). The only issue as a Realtor that I'm having is getting other Realtors to return calls. Mind you it is not all, but some, maybe a 75/25 split (25% being slackers). I think it may work in their benefit to answer or return calls, considering it's usually another agent that wants to show one of their listings. My other question is...when a Realtor goes into a listing contract with a Seller, don't they have an obligation to that Seller? That's what I was taught. Aren't they doing an injustice to their client? Most of the clients that I have are..."I called the listing agent on the property I was interested in, but they never returned my call" clients. Their loss, my gain. :)
My other pet peeve is "Call Centers", I just need a lock box code...it's not rocket science...and NO, I am not going to put up my 1st born in order to get it!
My point for this rant...Well I think it's important to interview Realtors, before you sign on with them. Not in the "warm fuzzy" sense, but the "will he/she work their best for me. In this weird economy, I think accountability will play a HUGE part.

Maureen Velilla
Realtor
Century 21 East Lake Realty
www.NotJustAnAgent.com
MaureenVelilla@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment